Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sour Cherry Jam!


One more for our collection of newly learned skills to do with fruits of our acreage.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. ohmigosh, can you send me some? I grew up in Germany,and American jams are all way too sweet for me. The only jam I eat that I can afford is the Grandessa Morello Cherry from ALDI. Your cherries look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying to grow our own food... and cannot believe I never made jam out of our cherries and mulberries until this summer. Jam is easy!
    Btw, I have a friend from Poland who says the same thing American food: too much sugar and... too much baking powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have friends from China who say the same thing. Funny enough, they raved over my barbecue chicken -- I didn't have the heart to tell them the babecue sauce was half corn syrup!

    I love to can! The girls and I are already planning our entries for the county fair next summer!

    I found some YouTube videos on the very basics of canning that I think I'll post over at the Thrifty Homeschooler blog. (I post on canning a lot there.)

    HAve fun growing your own food! Are you dehydrating and freezing too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freeze a lot, but never dried anything. Just today I took all my basil and made 8 batches of pesto-- double freezer Ziplocs individually. Yum! I freeze shredded zucchinis and snowpeas, applesauce and tomatoes... the sky is the limit. I have to look at thrifty homeschooler-- my address there may be old.

    ReplyDelete