Monday, October 13, 2014

Two videos from my sister's Abbey

This is one of the reasons for my wanting to learn German...



5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I am German, but have never been to Eichstätt. Your sister must be very happy.

    P.S. My grandmother was born in Rio de Janeiro, but came to Germany when she was about 10. Her mother was German, her father was a German Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, what a lovely bilingual blog you have! Do you speak the Portuguese as well? How did you end up in the USA? If you are southern Germany, do visit my sister's Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, the Portuguese was never passed on in my family, only my grandmother and great aunt knew it, but since their parents were German speaking they did speak German at home.

    I was in a graduate school program at Notre Dame where I met my husband and then stayed. I did study in southern Germany for a while, at the University of Würzburg. I would love to go to Eichstätt one of these days, maybe when I go back next time to see my family. They live in the north, though. Is your sister fluent in German?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our two oldest went there as well, it was when she was in the year abroad through Notre Dame that my daughter met her husband. When you are in Germany, if you want to visit the abbey, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really! I loved my time at ND. I will try to get to that part of Germany one of these days. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete