A space for keeping family and friends near: pictures, thoughts, archives of some of my written work and a passionate witness to Catholic homeschool family life.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Musicals
We don't watch musicals that often--and admittedly I am not a huge fan of the genre--but we have some favorites. These we watched recently:
Sound of Music: my personal all-time favorite movie. Flawless!
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers: we picked it up from the library last weekend. Wow, did the kids enjoy the action! And the girls were singing the songs for days!
Have to agree about Sound of Music; wonderful! It has my vote for one of the most romantic scenes ever -- when Captain Von Trapp and Maria are dancing... oh dear....!
I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Its a beautiful musical. I don't believe I know anyone who hasn't loved Sound Of Music at least a little bit. Looks like you all are enjoying your school year!
That's funny, we just got 7 Brides for 7 Brothers from the library this month too! At first the girls complained thinking it would be boring and old-timey, but those songs really drew them in. Thank goodness those references to Sabine/Sobbin' Women went right over their pretty little heads.
We also enjoyed "Roman Holiday" this week although because it was in Black & White they were initially dubious.
Have to agree about Sound of Music; wonderful! It has my vote for one of the most romantic scenes ever -- when Captain Von Trapp and Maria are dancing... oh dear....!
ReplyDeleteI love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Its a beautiful musical. I don't believe I know anyone who hasn't loved Sound Of Music at least a little bit. Looks like you all are enjoying your school year!
ReplyDeleteLove, Annamarie :)
That's funny, we just got 7 Brides for 7 Brothers from the library this month too! At first the girls complained thinking it would be boring and old-timey, but those songs really drew them in. Thank goodness those references to Sabine/Sobbin' Women went right over their pretty little heads.
ReplyDeleteWe also enjoyed "Roman Holiday" this week although because it was in Black & White they were initially dubious.