Along with 40,000 other Sioux Falls people, to listen to the music of Taj Mahal: it was such a nice evening! From the event's website:
Taj has been playing his own distinctive brand of music- he has been described as Afro-Caribbean blues, folk-world-blues, hula blues, folk-funk, and a host of other hypehnations- for more than 40 years. Caribbean, Hawaiian, African, Latin, and Cuban sounds and rhythms mix with folk, jazz, zydeco, gospel, rock, pop, soul, and R&B, all layers on top of a solid country blues foundation. A self-taught musician, Taj plays more than 20 instruments including the National Steel and Dobro guitars. His remarkable voice ranges from gruff and gravelly to smooth and sultry.
An excellent recreation, indeed! Taj's trio was in fine form. The weather was superb, including the rainbow and the full moon. And the company couldn't have been better! ;)
ReplyDeleteNow, I don't get blog-romance like this everyday... What can I say? I married the right man!
ReplyDelete