Sunday, February 08, 2015

New video from the Abbey with Sister Marta OSB speaking about the Year of Consecrated Life



I received this most-lovely email: 

Hello Ana.
I am a cousin of a Sister who has been a member of the community at St. Walburga Abbey in Eichstaett since the late 1940's - not sure of the year that she entered but her silver jubilee was in 1976!

Some time back I came across your blog which is wonderful especially as you write about your family and the bonds you deeply share. What a gift and presence for our world.
When I visited my cousin in 2010, she told me about your sister, Marta, who was entering. So, I have been praying for and with her since her entrance at the Abbey in Eichstaett and check the Abbey Website often. Just wanted you to know that there is a wonderful video on the website for the Year of Consecrated Life and a beautiful testimony from your sister about religious life and the happiness she found. The video is on the right side of the website with a picture of Mother Franziska. Your sister seems so happy and she speaks perfect German!

Enjoy the video and blessings on you and your family.
Sister M.

And here is the video--I go to the website almost everyday but failed to see that there was a new video on the sidebar! Our German at home is less than pitiful, so we are still very much wondering what exactly she was saying! One friend on Facebook said he mentioned her sister... :-)

No comments: