Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I voted for the first time today!

I expected it to be anticlimatic: it wasn't!
As the ovals filled up by the pencil my hand, it felt important and relevant. After 20+ years of praying for the pro-life vote, I am finally able to make my belief count. Going through the citizenship process last year was so worth this!

Thank you, husband, for encouraging me and for taking the photo this morning!












Country neighbour HedgeMom decorated a celebratory cake--that was so sweet of you, thanks!

6 comments:

love2learnmom said...

That is awesome. Congratulations!!

Christine said...

Congratulations on voting for the first time in the U.S! I wish I had thought to have my husband take a photo the first time that I voted. I am praying to Our Lady of Guadalupe that the abortion ban is upheld in South Dakota. May God bless all those who vote YES on Referred Law 6!

Suzanne Temple said...

Congratulations!

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Thank you so much. Christine, even if we didn't have the photo, I wouldn't forget this day.

Maureen said...

So very cool, Ana!!!! Congratulations.

Now I need to go get a kleenex . . .

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

I know what you mean, Maureen... it was a sunny, warm, beautiful day here today, a gift of God to lift our spirits.