Sunday, October 21, 2007

John Henebry + 2007


I saw the obituary in the last issue of Time. I found two others: Chicago Tribune and NY Times.

We have his book, The Grim Reapers, on our coffee table since Husband bought it last year. Another connection, besides being a Catholic Henebry, is that he is a Notre Dame Alumnus.

I am attempting to confirm that he was Husband's great uncle via email.

May God grant him eternal rest!

Update: this just in from Grandma in TX:

Well, I think (with Geni's help) that John was Geoff's 1st cousin twice removed. In other words, Grandpa Bill' father and John's father were brothers. Therefore, Bill and John were 1st cousins, Mike was John's 1st cousin once removed and Geoff would be John's 1st cousin twice removed.
I did hear every once in awhile something about Bill's cousin when he made the newspapers as he did from time to time.

4 comments:

love2learnmom said...

He sure looks like he could be related!

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

I agree! Number Two, who is home this week, says: "There's my ND Legacy!"

Suzanne Temple said...

Wow! Neat!

Anonymous said...

I was going to also say that I see a family resemblance. Keep us posted. . .God bless you.