From his site:
The more one does what is good, the freer one becomes. There is no true freedom except in the service of what is good and just. The choice to disobey and do evil is an abuse of freedom and leads to "the slavery of sin".
Why did we like him so much?
- He offers a truly multicultural flavor to his talk--he draws from his young childhood years under the guidance of a loving mother from Barbados, from his youth in Newark, from his college days at Notre Dame.
- He loves and lives the Benedictine way of life, and the Benedictines have a definite and dear spot of my heart.
- He makes Truth clear, desirable, attainable!
- His anecdotes are genuine and filled with love.
- His extensive knowledge of Latin! And his love for it!
- He's funny! He'll also make you cry, and think!