Monday, February 11, 2008

150 years!


What a most beautiful anniversary today... one hundred and fifty years since her first apparition to St. Bernadette Soubirous. Number Six is also celebrating today two years since her First Holy Communion!

I took this picture yesterday, as Fr. M. L. had the Holy Relics and the statue of Our Lady of Lourdes on loan from the cathedral at his parish church in Salem.

I wish we didn't have snow and I could drive to the mass and devotions tonight!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture! I chose Our Lady of Lourdes as my name sake saint. I wish you could go to Mass as well. :(

Miss you all!
Annamarie

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Happy feast day for you then! We will pray together.

Anonymous said...

It's another anniversary today, too. The birth anniversary of someone who was born on the centennial of Our Lady of Lourdes... but if I told you who the person was, you'd know her age.... so suffice it to say that it's someone you know but haven't seen very often ... in fact only on one weekend! Can you guess? :-)

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

You got me-- but I am curious!
And I just turned 46 so... well, age means nothing. We are all very young.