Monday, June 09, 2008

Becky and Greg's wedding

As promised, here is the recipe for Becky's cake:

2 eggs, separated
Beat whites until stiff, set aside
Beat yolks until fluffy, add 1/2 stick butter, 1 C sugar, beat more
Add 1 Tbsp baking powder dissolved in 1 C warm milk, and another 1 C sugar, beat more
Next, alternate 1 C milk and 2 C white flour, mix gently
Lastly, fold in the beaten egg whites

When it comes out of the oven, pour juice of one lemon mixed with 1/2 C sugar while hot. Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. B-H, That cake is absolutely gorgeous. What did you use for icing? Is it Buttercream? Could I have the recipe? I really want to start and bake decorative cakes. Thank you. Love, Rosie

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Thank you, Rosie! I was asked for my business card... and it is tempting knowing how much these go for! I will be glad to teach you what I have learned so far... and with your family's traditions in baking, I have no doubt you'd have a very successful business in no time! Anyway, the frosting was cream cheese: proportions are 1 pkg of cream cheese to 2 Tbsp butter, juice of half of one lemon and powder sugar until desired consistency. Delicious!