Friday, July 18, 2008

One-word!

I've seen this going around in many blogs... and on Maggie's this morning. Let's see if I can do it.

1. Where is your cell phone? Mmmmm...
2. Your significant other? Sleeping
3. Your hair? easy
4. Your mother? Model
5. Your father? Saudades
6. Your favorite thing? books
7. Your dream last night? none
8. Your favorite drink? water
9. Your dream/goal? heaven
10. The room you’re in? bright
11. Your church? Catholic
12. Your fear? winter
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
14. Where were you last night? family
15. What you’re not? thin
16. Muffins? homemade
17. One of your wish list items? sunroom
18. Where you grew up? Rio
19. The last thing you did? type
20. What are you wearing? slippers
21. Your TV? dusty
22. Your pets? kittens
23. Your computer? Vista
24. Your life? gift
25. Your mood? optimist
26. Missing someone? duh
27. Your car? big
28. Something you’re not wearing? make-up
29. Favorite store? GloriaDeo
30. Your summer? gardening
31. Like(love) someone? husband
32. Your favorite color? green
33. Last time you laughed? yesterday
34. Last time you cried? yesterday
35. Who will re post this? why?

4 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I was going to ask you what saudades was but I then decided against such laziness. I looked it up and was very interested by what I read. Certainly I can see how "a turning towards the past or towards the future; not an active discontent or poignant sadness but an indolent dreaming wistfulness" could be applied to your father.

There's a post here, Anna. You should write it.

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Mmmm... I wonder what dictionary you used! "Saudades" is an essentially Portuguese word with no equivalent in any language--but it simply means missing someone. You have "saudades" of your father, or a loved one, a friend. Or "saudades" of a place, like your native country... It does indeed sound like a post in the making, Margaret! (Have you heard the music of Mariza? One of her song/poems is "Saudades". http://www.mariza.com/)

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I hadn't heard of Mariza--not surprisingly, being a land-locked Minnesota gal--but when I went to iTunes and typed in "saudades" I found many, many pretty songs by that title.

So! I learned something new today.

Obrigada!

(Did I say that right?)

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Yes, perfectly! Were you a male, it would have been "Obrigado"...