Monday, October 05, 2009

We have started Father Damien and the Bells to prepare for the celebration of his canonization in one week! As usual, the girls do handwriting or art while the boys take turns reading aloud. Senior Number Three and Sophomore Number Four always volunteer, as they are both dramatic, clear, wonderful readers.

Father Damian's life has captivated me since I read Damian the Leper long ago, the book written by John Farrow, the father of Mia Farrow. In Portuguese, on my parents' bookshelves, it read "Damiao, o Leproso".

May God grant me the privilege of leading a life under the example of the newest Catholic saint: one of complete service to others!

1 comment:

K.H. said...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165196/

I know you love movies, as I do, Ana. Just did not want you to forget this movie as well.
Thanks, as always, for encouraging me to be a better mother, homeschool teacher and a Catholic!
K. H.