Friday, December 18, 2009

In Titia's bedroom

My titia (auntie) was a second mother to all of us, as she always lived nearby and never married or had children of her own.

The crucifix is gorgeous and was purchased by my great-grandmother in Europe when my grandfather Joaquim was 6 years old and the family went to visit the oldest son who was in boarding school.



The Rosary was Mother's, and it has a medal of Mary Undoer of Knots.


The tiny plates were German chocolates for which my grandmother painstakingly found buttons the same size so as to save the beautiful wrappings, and then had them framed. We all remember admiring those!



The Angelus figurine has been dear to me since a little girl... and based on the famous painting with the same name by Jean-Froncois Millet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: