Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chile Earthquake: my oldest brother

His birthday was yesterday and he wrote from Punta Arena, Chile, where he and my sister-in-law Teresa were to get on a ferry towards the capital of Tierra del Fuego, and the southermonst city in the world: Ushuaia.

This morning Number Two during a morning chat, all the way from France, told me about the powerful earthquake that happened 6 hrs ago in Chile, stronger than the one in Haiti, and now the danger of Tsunamis from the western coast of South America all the way to Asia.

We are trying to get communications from my brother but nothing yet... we are praying they are safe. Pedro and Teresa are Number Six's godparents.

Update 9:30 AM: Just got a note from Rio de Janeiro, my brother Eduardo spoke to him and they are OK! Yeah!

6PM Update: She emailed saying they actually crossed the Strait of Magellan peacefully today! Neat!

4 comments:

clairity said...

I will pray for them and all affected by the terrible quake.

love2learnmom said...

We are praying, Ana!

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Thanks, friends!

Christine said...

They are in my prayers!