Sunday, July 17, 2011

Novena to Saint Anne starts today


Our family will begin a novena
prayer today, in preparation for the feast of the great saint. My friend S. B. showed me this beautiful prayer, a favorite of her dad's who has recently gone to the Lord.

I will also post a longer novena I will be saying as she is my dear patron saint, to whom I have a devotion since I was a little girl. My dear mother used to always give me something special on her feast day... I suspect she also had a devotion to this wonderful motherly saint, as she raised her ten children.

Here is the text:

Family Prayer to St. Anne

Saint Anne, Bless Our Family
Our family is the heart of our life.

It is our little Church.

Saint Anne, guard the members of our family

against all physical and spiritual danger.


You lived in the presence of your husband Joachim

and your little daughter Mary.

Later, you welcomed your son-in-law, Saint Joseph,

and above all your beloved Grandson Jesus, our Saviour.


May your family inspire our families.

May we remain united in a deep mutual love.

If our family is broken by separation or sadness,

remain for us the Saint of tenderness and lead us to God.


Saint Anne, you were a spouse, a mother, and a grandmother;

bless all the members of our family.

Keep us faithful to the Lord.


And may we also remain attentive to the needs of other families.
Protect all families.

Amen.

No comments: