Thursday, September 22, 2011

Charles de Foucauld

It is time to return this book to the library as Inter Library Loans are not renewable... I am sad as I have so enjoyed getting to know this new friend in heaven. After  a life of privilege and pleasure, and wild adventures and explorations in Morocco, Charles de Foucauld followed an interesting and tortuous path towards God... and in an spiritually honest pursue of his ultimate vocation. The first part of the book is a biography of his fascinating, courageous life, and the second part is a collection of his writings, an intimate portrait of a holy soul seeking humility and holiness.

"Love consists in not feeling loved but in wanting to love."  
“Father of mine, I abandon myself to you, make of me that which is pleasing to you. Whatever you might do to me, I thank you.”

“The one thing we owe absolutely to God is never to be afraid of anything. ” 

No comments: