Friday, October 07, 2011

Steve Jobs, resquiat in pacem

The first thing I did very early this morning was to read the text of Steve Jobs's Stanford commencement address in 2005, courtesy of this blog.

It has been a busy day--a busy week actually, and all day out of the house I caught myself thinking of his words. I wonder if I would be doing any of this if I hadn't been gifted an iPad by Number One last Christmas, but my love for this helpful and amazing tool made me feel closer to the genius behind it these past months.

Undoubtedly, he was very intelligent, and a genius in inventing the new way for human interaction with the computer. And yes, the fact that he was adopted is a huge positive banner for the pro-life movement.

What I thought about, however, were his words on love. Did he really mention Love? Perhaps not. He mentioned passion, and being true to one's vocation if you will.  I don't know the ins and outs of his business, but what I read made me see goodness in his heart, and Love, which should reign in every heart. Read the address, or watch the YouTube, it's worth it.

1 comment:

#2 said...

On Thursday I had my advanced business English students read about Jobs's presentation tips in reference to that speech. Really was a beautiful address.