Eight Things Meme
I was tagged by Karen...
1. I am number seven in my family, and I have loved through the years meeting other "number sevens". My great friend Ginger, also a number seven, threw me a "lucky number seven" baby shower when I was expecting Number Seven.
2. I don't really like oranges. Or apples. Or grapes. Not a fruit person. Don't like blueberries, blackberries, melons or cherries. I do like homegrown strawberries, love raspberries, and bananas are OK.
3. My dad's dad was a Portuguese Navy officer who first sailed to Rio in the ship that accompanied the first South Atlantic flight of Gago Coutinho, who also invented the aeronautical sextant. There is a street in Rio named after him. In Rio, my grandpa met my grandmother... and the rest is history.
4. I would never fly again if I could help it.
5. I do not drive on limited access highways. I am glad google maps now offer an alternative-routes option.
6. I don't need alarm clocks. Never did. If an alarm clock is set in my room, I wake up before it rings. I have always enjoyed waking up early.
7. When I was growing up, my nine siblings and mother sang in our own family choir. We practiced weekly all year and gave annual recitals. We even sang on TV once. Some people called us the Brazilian Von Trapps.
8. I can raise one eyebrow.