Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ave Maria...

I am saying Aves today for my dear father as he undergoes a second carotid surgery. Please say one with me for him, as he has a lifelong devotion to the Blessed Mother. I wish I were there but this time I wasn't able to go.

The photo is from a very recent visit by his sister Maria Teresa, his only sibling and a widow of many years. She was a huge and wonderful presence in our lives with her creative drama adaptations and classes of all sorts. She and dad were educated in a British school in Rio, and we grew up listening to their affectionate English. My aunt lived next door to us, and their six children and the ten of us made a lively crowd.

1 comment:

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Ana Braga-Henebry
Thank you everyone for the prayers! The surgery went very well! The power of prayer! He did so well they sent him to a regular room, no ICU! May God be praised!
Like · · Share · 12 hours ago via mobile
Patty Rankin Henrichsen, Othman Berrada, Karen Henebry and 15 others like this.

Patty Ferris God be praised!
11 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Carolyn Whelan Tom and I are so pleased to hear the good news.
10 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Kitty Duffy Firman Good news!! Thank God!
6 hours ago · Unlike · 1