Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend in Nebraska

We spent a wonderful couple of days with Number One in Nebraska... Among many activities, he and Number Five visited the Diocesan Sacred Art Show where he bought a beautiful original. I am proud of his good taste, and of his patronage fo Sacred Art.


We also attended Holy Mass at Saint Francis in Lincoln.... truly a gem of a church! I had to visit the gorgeous Carrera marble statue of the Blessed Mother, in front of which I used to spend precious time when we lived there and attended that FSSP parish. She seemed at once familiar and welcoming, and spending a few minutes with her brought memories of the joys and sorrows I shared with her, and in her found solace. Thank you, my Mother in heaven.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got to go back. I wish we could've been there together! Josephine's Baptism was my first time at St Francis and the beauty of that church took my breath away.

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Me too, I told Susan how I wish I could have met you!