Saturday, May 12, 2012

Have paper, glue, and an old book?



"I saw in my own behaviour, since the beginning of our acquaintance with him last autumn, nothing but a series of imprudence towards myself, and want of kindness to others. I saw that my own feelings had prepared my sufferings, and that my want of fortitude under them had almost led me to the grave."  Marianne and Elinor walked by Barton Cottage as these words, truthful and beautiful, were uttered by the remorseful younger sister. My 13 year old daughter and I enjoyed the recorded narration coming from Audible on the iPad as we worked on our art project in a quiet afternoon. Our project this time consisted of an old book of Italian masters' reproductions, scissors and some glue... We were carefully cutting around renaissance Madonnas, angels and saints, and neoclassical columns to decoupage beautiful greeting cards and paper gift bags!
This is the opening of an article I am working on for Mater & Magistra entitled Towards Beauty: the Homeschooling Effort. I just had to post photos of our simple results. The gift bags were made of grocery paper bags and the greeting cards from card stock. This is graduation season, and we love handing homemade cards!

2 comments:

Candise and Crew said...

Very lovely!
Great colors that speak as much as the sainted images, don't you think?
Warmly,
Candise & Crew

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Yes. Colors chosen by the great masters...