Friday, October 12, 2012

A holy day in my native Brazil!

Today it is the feast of Our Lady Aparecida, Patroness of Brazil! She is the object of enormous, profound and beautiful public devotion and pilgrimage all over my native country.

As some of you know, I have written a book for children about her simple story, and have been trying to get a publisher. Please say a Hail Mary today asking her for help. I also found a very nice coloring page for kids! I am printing it for my girls and me to color today.

Our Lady Aparecida, pray for us!

Update: I am adding our work below. Number Six's was done with markers, Number Seven's with crayons and a note on how her crayon sharpener broke, and finally mine. The statue was a wooden baroque Madonna darkened by the river waters, and caught miraculously by three humble fishermen. The blue mantle with the Brazilian and Vatican flags was added later but it is the traditional was she has always been displayed.



No comments: