Sunday, March 17, 2013

Miscellaneous on Saint Patrick's Day!

So here is moi in Husband's digs, attending some talks and the dinner at the Geography Convention. The keynote speaker, Geographer Joseph Kerski, gave a wonderful, entertaining an fascinating talk with a live projection. I talked to him at his stand and he gave me several gifts to take to my young Geography students. I told him how Geography has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl, and how we loved Mapping of the World with Art.

Update 3/18: Found a photo I took of Husband and the keynote speaker, and it turned out so nice.

I went around town with a Realtor and looked at several possibilities. It is very strange to think about living in a house in town again... where is all of the green space? I was only willing to look at house with plenty of bedrooms for all of the grown kids to have a room when they come home... although I haven't even heard of a house with... 8 bedrooms in our price range. I did look at one with six bedrooms though! Of course there is a little cabin... one bedroom plus loft... right by Lake Campbell, the same lake Laura Ingalls went on a Sunday afternoon with Almanzo long, long ago. Just 15 minutes from the campus. The realtor and I laughed at the possibility in the car, and mentioned how we could easily rent an RV when the kids come home for the holidays.

And then we have also listed our acreage, and a date for an Open House. So we are slowly getting the House ready again for showing. With Spring attempting to give us a few signs of life, cleaning feels good!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

No comments: