Thursday, March 20, 2014

Catching up

I'm catching up in sleep and housework still... It will be the weekend before I transfer photos and recap the trip. Yesterday was a full day of errands and the weather was, well, what can I say? We live in South Dakota. 

I opened mail and received so many beautiful sympathy cards, and also flowers were delivered. Twice! So unexpected, and it did my heart so much good! Thank You!

I did make a dinner of a chicken dish and rice, and as the girls, Number Four and Husband approached it, it was almost pitiful. The poor things.They were so incredibly delighted to have a homemade dinner by Mom again. I had missed cooking! Interestingly, one of my father's oldest friends--from the days of the British grammar school they attended in Rio some 80 years ago--is now my friend on Facebook and commented on my post! He is a renowned doctor in Rio.

In the evening Husband and I attended a lecture by Sam Kean, a Sioux Falls native, a graduate of the Catholic High School Number Five graduated from, and a best seller writer of The Violinist's Thumb and other books. It was very interesting, and so nice to be out with my husband.

It's so nice to be home.




No comments: