Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A happy birthday!

Yesterday started quite painfully, and early in the day I found myself in the dentist's office--not the place you want to begin your birthday. I have been having some dental trouble, but left there armed with a powerful prescription! Dear husband picked up said prescription and got two dozens roses to go with it! Let's say the day started to improve quite a bit from there!

Two Dozen Gorgeous Roses!

Installed at home, I received a note from Number Two's blog... and was delighted with her loving birthday post. My eyes filled up... in gladness and gratitude.

Thank You, Number Two! I loved it. 

I felt better as the day progressed, usual errands and walking, and then a surprise in the mail! A book I had ordered from the St Walburga Abbey in Colorado arrived: it is a new biography of the saint by the Abbess emerita whom we befriended so many years ago.  And to have arrive on the feast day of Saint Scholastica!

I have already started it! She is so unknown here, and so well known in Europe! 

Then the door bell rang, and my friend and walking buddy Kristie came in with a card and colorful tulips! Now she really got a smile on my face! She also said I will be able to keep the bulbs and plant them when we have a house!

Aren't they so pretty? 

Kristie also brought some delicious homemade cookies after dinner, and I did eat two of them--each bite was so worth it! I did make an allowance on my diet for them! Thank you my friend! Mom called after that from Texas, and it is always such a treat to chat with her! :-) Then Number Seven gave me this cutest bowl she made in Art at school:

Thank You Number Seven! 

The boys all emailed or texted me with their happy-birthday wishes... and Number Five had a fun post on Facebook, and again my eyes filled with tears... and again they were happy, grateful tears!


And last but not least, as I closed my long, progressively-happier day, I read Number Six's blog, and the reading of it was a prayer of thanksgiving for all that I have. I have the world's most loving children, may God bless them and bring them all happiness and true joys in this short life.

Can her blog be any more wonderful?


No comments: