Friday, February 05, 2016

My Godson, God bless him!

I call him "Afilhado-Maravilha", or "Wonder-Godson", and he accuses me vehemently of overrated bragginess. He is wrong, and I am right. Or, no, my superlative is not is actually not superlative enough. You can see for yourself in the pictures: his smiles will melt the hardest stones.

He is a sweetheart. An extremely intelligent, sweet young man, hard working and with a great sense of humor. Last time I was in Brazil I just didn't want to leave his side.  

He just returned to his academic position as the school year resumes in Brazil, after several months in then Imperial College of London in a prestigious postdoc fellowship. See the photos of all of his visits--be itto Crusaders starting-point, gardens, castles, famous landmarks or Jane Austen's house. And much more, ending of course with a visit to Paddington Station. One of the photos shows him with a fellow fellowship recipient and the Ambassador at a dinner.

I have been such a faraway godmother, as he was very little in Brazil when I left, thirty years ago, never to return. Yes, I sent him a few gifts over the years... trinkets we have both forgotten. My only real gift to him has been that of prayer--and in this my good Husband has accompanied me. 

What an absolute rewarding gladness fills my soul when we exchange short correspondence. He is a faithful, wonderful young man. May my prayers for him persevere always, may God send him rewards and happiness in this life for his goodness!













No comments: