Sunday, September 10, 2017

A sweet facebook post

I never forget when he came home from that trip telling me all about meeting Rev. Bean, and his beautiful family in the train. And of course lots and lots about the Vatican Latinist. 





Text:

We were overjoyed to receive this happy news, but are bummed that we can't make it.
Miz Grace, Leo, and I met Gus in the summer of 2010 in a virtually empty train. Gus was 17 years old, riding the Hiawatha from Chicago to Milwaukee with a guitar on his back. He heard me teaching Leo some Latin from Oerberg's "Lingua Latina" (which I taught at our parochial school) and he told us he was on his way to study Latin under the legendary Father Reggie Foster.
As a result of meeting Gus, by sheer divine providence, Deacon Latif Haki Gaba and I were able to sit in on one of Father Foster's classes. It was a real privilege!
We remained in touch with Gus over the years through Facebook, and friended his mom Ana Braga-Henebry as well. What an extraordinary family!
Thank you, M Augustine Braga-Henebry for sharing your joy with us!Congratulations and God's richest blessings in Christ. You are in our prayers of thanksgiving!

No comments: