Sunday, May 19, 2019

Dominic’s Baptism

It was the most beautiful religious ceremony after mass in their gorgeous parish with a phenomenal choir, complete with the consecration to Our Lady and a yummy lunch and we were able to put together afterwards. Welcome to the family of God, little Dominic!



He wore the same little gown all of my siblings and I were baptized in, a gift from my parents’ priest friend Dom Marcos Barbosa OSB, about whom I wrote my masters thesis. Numbers one and four were also baptized in this gown, that was later in life presented to be by my dear mother, a gift that is probably my most precious possession.



Godparents Troy and Lissa, Consecration to the Blessed Mother

Cousin Aparício was an excellent helper!
We started with a procession from the entrance of the church. Number One was misbehaving as usual. ;-)


Parents and Godparents

The Braga-Henebrys with the newly baptized Dominic Judah
I love my Tia Maria!

Maid of Honor

Number Three and Jessie who are off to Montana!

Number Six and I were able to decorate the cake with white flowers

Aunt Sarah, cousins Aparicio and Marisol

Grandpa Geoff

Uncle Thomas got leave from the Marines to come to the Baptism!

Before it all started

No comments: