Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The Saint Anne Novena, Day 1

Today is the first day of the "Grandmother of all Novenas" as I like to call it.

Now, as a grandmother, I feel even closer to this great saint. I remember my mamãe's devotion to her, and how she would give me a gift every year on the feast day. I can't believe now how she found the time and attention, as her life of a mother of ten didn't have nearly the conveniences we have today.

I shall post here the daily prayers and a beautiful image for the next nine days. 

Husband and I have many prayer petitions to ask my patron saint this time around, and I am writing them down. Good Saint Anne, ora pro nobis! 





PRAYER TO SAINT ANN

O glorious Saint Ann,
you are filled with compassion
for those who invoke you,
and with love for those suffer.
Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles,
I cast myself at your feet
and humbly beg of you to take the present intention,
which I recommend to you in your special care.

Please recommend it to your daughter,
the Blessed Virgin Mary,
and place it before the throne of Jesus,
so that he may bring it to a happy issue.

Continue to intercede for me
until my request is granted.
But above all obtain for me the grace one day

to see my God face to face,

and with you and Mary and all the saints
to praise and bless him for all eternity. Amen.

Our Father; Hail Mary; Glory be.

Saint Ann, help me now and at the hour of my death!
Good Saint Ann, intercede for me!

FIRST DAY

Dear Saint Ann, I appeal to you and place myself under your great motherly care as I begin this novena in your honor. Please listen to my prayers and requests.

Help me, also, to begin this time of prayer with a heart open to the loving grace of God. Give me the strength to begin a new life that will last forever.

Finally, blessed Saint Ann, I ask you to recommend me to your daughter, the most holy virgin Mary. Through her, may I receive the spirit of prayer, humility, and the love of God.

(Recite the Prayer to Saint Ann above, followed by the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be, and the invocation to Saint Ann after each day’s reflection)

No comments: