Monday, May 17, 2021

Garden update and first iris!

This past weekend I spent hours and hours in delightful gardening outside--all of the vegetables I started inside are planted in the four neat boxes I got at Costco and filled with the compost we have collected since we moved here. Tomatoes, eggplant, herbs, acorn squash, pole beans... all in! And the lettuce, arugula, Swiss chard and herbs growing well! Off to a new gardening season! I also planted many, many flowers: Cosmos, Phlox, Gladiolus, Tulips, Daffodils...

To crown it all, this morning the first iris opened! A "Wizzard of Odds" one, as Husband took note of all of the varieties last year when we planted them.

“See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.”
Matthew 6:28-29




 

No comments: