Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Husband

When I first met Husband and he told me about the date of his birthday, my first reaction was to exclaim, "May 13? What a beautiful birthday, Our Lady of Fatima, a huge day where I come from", to which I received a rather blank look. I do wander sometimes how he didn't just shake his head and ... left. What were the odds that someone you met in a state university's graduate program would have this sort of reaction? (Well, he didn't leave: in fact, he went on to become Catholic and raise seven children with me!) He probably thought, "Mmm... here's someone who's bound to surprise me in other ways as well". That's what I like to think anyway.

To my good husband, whose birthday is a huge day where I come from, I wish a very Happy Birthday! I pray that Our Lady of Fatima, who spoke such beautiful words in my mother tongue, will guide and protect you in this vale of tears. And I also pray that she will help me to grow always in love and gratitude for all you do for me and for our family, all the days of the year.

I love you. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

The Feuerborns said...

Happy Birthday, Geoff!!

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

He says thanks. ;-) Next year is the big 5-0!

The Feuerborns said...

Woohoo!!

Teresa M said...

Yes, Happy B-day Mr. Henebry!!
Love Teresa M