Monday, July 30, 2012

One fewer teenager

It will be one year and four months before I have four teenagers again, and that will be for only a month... for now I am expecting Number Three (pictured yesterday with goddaughter) to come downstairs for breakfast, as he said he would wake up a man of "mature demeanor".

Happy 20th birthday, dearest, dearest son, who makes me laugh so heartily, who kisses me and calls me beautiful in public, who facebooks poetic verses and strong opinions, who loves children, who dreams and cries. The world needs more people like you, and I am privileged to have raised you!

May God bless you today, and guard you during your European semester this fall. May He send you wonderful new friends, interesting cultural adventures, and a steady growth in wisdom and Love. We love you, son!

No comments: