Saturday, February 02, 2013

Can you spell kinetic?


Number Six won the Regional Spelling Bee this morning at the Augustana College campus. Her winning word was kinetic,  and some other words she had to spell were prodigal, charisma, tarragon and bungalow. She will next compete in the State Bee on March 23rd on the campus of the University of South Dakota. We are very proud of her! She was interviewed by the Sioux Falls newspaper The Argus Leader and I will post it here when it comes out. I am happy she and I went over talking to a possible interviewer this past week. She did mention that studying both Latin and french have helped her.
Update: Husband asked me to post more of her words.

transatlantic
predicament
pantheon
windily
bungalow
apricot
saxophone
paprika
precipitate
mediocre
mango
aphid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring! I remember misspelling "saxophone" during a pre-college visit with a saxophone professor. Embarrassing!

House of Brungardt said...

Awesome! I remember winning my county spelling bee in the eighth grade (The other girl spelled mystique wrong, I can still remember 25 plus years later!). I got 9th at the state spelling bee, so I didn't advance, but it was a great experience. Congrats to your daughter!