Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Holy Hour Meditation

Again I posted to my group that I was going to my Holy Hour and would pray for their intentions, and again there was a flood of prayer requests. I posted this afterwards:




Thank you again ladies for trusting me with your prayer intentions. I brought them to Our Lord once again during my Holy Hour. As I had prayed the Luminous Mysteries earlier in the day for my own family, this time I prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries for all of your intentions.

During the Agony in the Garden, I asked Him to come into the hearts of all of you who are undergoing difficult expectations... be it for a baby to be born, or health tests results, or travels. The verse from St Matthew 6: 28-29: "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
During the Scourging at the Pillar, I brought to him in prayer all of you who are undergoing suffering, physical or mental, sickness, sadness, fear. That Our Lord gives us all courage and consolation during suffering. Again St. Matthew, 11:30: "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
The third mystery, the Crowning of Thorns, brought to my mind how Our Lord was mocked for being a King, and our husbands, heads of our families, came to my heart. I brought to him in prayer all of our husbands, may God bless them and fill their hearts with courage and love, may they have good employment and resources to care for their families. May we, their wives, be a constant and living example of joy, goodness, charity and virtue. May they see in us the figure of Christ and, without preaching, may this lead them to virtue and joy! Proverbs 31, 10-12: "A worthy wife who can find? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband trusteth in her, And he shall have no lack of gain. She doeth him good and not evil All the days of her life."
The fourth mystery, the Carrying of the Cross, reminded me to pray especially for all those facing decisions, be it about homeschooling, families, moves, and many other situations. May God shed Light onto the pass of the cross, the path to His Glorious Home. May he aide us all in decision-making by making His holy Will clearer. Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding: In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he will direct thy paths."
During the last mystery, the Crucifixion and Death, I prayed for all of you who are mourning a parent, a child, a friend, a husband. And I also added during this mysteries all of those intentions hidden in our hearts, the ones we secretly pray for, but seldom voice. "Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace."

No comments: