Saturday, June 06, 2015

My Second 5K

A year ago I wouldn't have been able to do it... not at this pace and energy. It was a delight to be part of the Cystic Fibrosis Benefit event with Team Joy! Joy W. is one of Number Seven's church friends and we were privileged to participate! 

 I could feel so well the benefits of my daily walking since I started last October. Remember my first 5K? Yikes I almost died! Well, it is true that that day we almost died of cold... since we walked that morning under 8 below temp. I will never forget how Number One was my true Hero that morning, not only walking with me, talking, cheerfully and encouraging all along the way, but making sure I crossed the finish line before him, so I wouldn't be the last place. My time this time was much better but unfortunately I didn't remember to stop the iPhone App until after we had a restroom break and were in line for the lunch! Well, I am looking forward to the next one! :-)




No comments: