Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tagged!

Tagged by Studeo...

Homeschool books I actually enjoyed reading:
Don't Drink the Holy Water (is it even a "homeschool" book?)
These were read long ago when we were considering homeschooling:
The Colfax family story
John Holt
the Moores' book

Resources I won't live without:
A Child's History of the World
Google
Bethlehem Books
Faith and Life Series

Resources you wish you had never bought:
(long ago): Writing Road to Reading, Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons

Resources you enjoyed last year:
All Ye Lands with teacher's manual
Teaching textbooks Geometry
Blogging

Resources you'll be using this year:
University of Notre Dame website
Learning Latin through Mythology
Minimus Latin from Cambridge
Teach Yourself Latin
ABeka Math
Kolbe Academy 6th, 7th, 9th and 12th grades

Resources you'd like to buy:
Rosetta Stone French
1000 years of Catholic Scientists
2000 years of Christianity

One resource you wish existed:
A Rosetta-stone type Latin program with ecclesiastical pronunciation and lots of cultural, historical and musical components. AND beautiful illustrations and reproductions of classical art. (Ok, I copied this verbatim from Alicia)...

Homeschool catalogs you enjoy reading:
Sophia Institute Press
Emmanuel Books
Catholic Heritage Curricula
Kolbe Academy Catalog
the new Ignatius Press catalog

One homeschooling website you use regularly:
Love2Learn, of course

2 comments:

love2learnmom said...

Very nice, Ana! Maybe we should present that idea to Rosetta Stone! :) How funny that you didn't like 100 Easy Lessons too. I know so many who love it, but many things are useful depending on learning styles, personalities, etc. I do have to give it credit for giving me one very useful teaching technique (just in the first few lessons before we stopped in frustration because it wasn't a good fit). I did like Writing Road to Reading, but I studied it myself and used my understanding of phonics from that book to teach my children more informally.

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

As a footnote, I am adding the little readers from CHC, because so many of my children have learned to read with them. They are phonics-based, inexpensive and very nice.